Seminars for Health Professionals
CLEO conducts a well-attended training seminar series, entitled, “Introduction to Biostatistics and Epidemiology.”
The purpose of this series is to familiarize participants with:
- Introductory concepts in biostatistics and epidemiology;
- Basic principles of clinical and epidemiological studies, meta-analyses, and systematic review;
- Scientific literature searches in international journals and critical evaluation of the literature; and
- Writing and structuring scientific articles.
CLEO also hosts a seminar series, entitled “Applied Biostatistics and Epidemiology,” to familiarize participants with:
- Database development;
- Data analysis using statistic programs; and
- Research protocol writing.