Nέα θέση εργασίας: Communications Officer
We are looking for a talented Communications Officer to join our growing team of public health practitioners & researchers based in Athens, to assist with the planning & execution of communication activities for a series of new projects at CLEO.
Start date: The post is available immediately
Location: Remote / flexible working available
Contract: 2-years fixed-term contract, following a 6-month trial period
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for timely and regular website changes and updates
- Develop engaging content for CLEO’s communications platforms (with an emphasis on the website and social media) using text, images and infographics
- Collaborate with a range of national & international partners, and maintain and expand CLEO’s diverse network of collaborators
- Contribute to the planning of communications strategies and help to establish communication targets per project
- Monitor progress towards achieving communication targets and contribute to project impact reporting
- Identify promotion and publicity opportunities, both in Greece and abroad
- Support event management (whenever needed)
- Contribute to internal knowledge management.
Experience, skills & general attributes:
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in digital communications in global health or public health, or a minimum of three years of professional experience in communications in an academic or NGO environment is required
- University degree(s) or equivalent professional experience in medical sciences or life sciences is highly preferred
- Ability to translate scientific outputs into lay accessible language and to create compelling narratives is key to the role
- Fluent in English and Greek (at a bilingual level)
- In depth understanding of social media and digital analytics
- Well-versed in Joomla or another CMS for website management
- Experience using infographic tools (e.g., Canva or Tableau)
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive, creative and highly organized individual that has strong interests in public health and enjoys working in an ambitious, rapidly growing team.
Your personal information will remain strictly confidential.