Job Opportunity: Communications Director
CLEO is seeking a full-time Communications Director. The Communications Director will be responsible for developing and implementing an overarching communications plan and crafting a narrative framework around which CLEO will organize what both reflects our values and furthers the overall strategic plan and goals. As the Director of Communications, you will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, public relations message, and collateral to consistently articulate CLEO’s mission and support the organizing work we do.
The Communications Director reports directly to the Scientific Director.
Your responsibilities will include:
Develop and Implement a Strategic Communications Plan
• Building on our existing plans and success, develop a comprehensive communications plan for our organization.
• A key priority will be to work closely with the communications team at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation around CLEO’s role in the infection control and prevention project within the Foundation’s Healthcare Initiative
• Related to the above, work with other stakeholders (CDC, ECDC, WHO, OEDY) and external partners (Johns Hopkins University) to develop a compelling narrative and messages that resonate and bring to life the work through high-impact communication activities
• Putting in place the structures, tools and team to implement this plan
• Elevating the stories of our work at the local ,state, and national levels
Assist in the writing and preparation of grants to secure funding for the organization
• University degree in a communications related field
• Strong project management skills, coupled with sharp attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Strong English reading and writing skills
• Highly collaborative with an ability to work in a remote environment for a fully virtual organization where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation are necessary for success.
• Excellent written, visual and oral communication skills
• Some experience working in the sciences or experience with scientific organizations is preferred.
Your personal information will remain strictly confidential.
For further information contact us : +30 210 7777363